Greetings residents of Second Life!
Welcome to the yearly competition for Second Life photographers! Our number one aim is to give recognition to these photographers and for voting and results to be made transparent.
There will be 4 sections to this competition – 1) Nomination, 2) Competition project, 3) Voting, 4) Results and finally 5) Prize and award.
Details of each section
– In order for your favorite photographers to be able to enter the competition, residents need to vote by submitting their names.
– Each photographer requires a minimum of 10 votes to qualify to participate in the competition.
How to submit names
– Submit the names of your favorite photographers under “comments” at this link – https://photographeroftheyearsl.wordpress.com/2014/09/24/nomination/. That way we keep things transparent.
– One resident can only submit one photographer’s name ONCE. However, there is no limit on how many different photographers names you want to submit.
– Multiple submission/post will NOT be counted.
– Submitting of names needs to be by 22nd October 2014.
2) Competition project
– After announcing the photographers who qualify, they will be given 21 days to complete a photo project with the given theme.
– The model (if any) needs to be the photographers themselves. Entries will be disqualified if another person other than themselves if used.
– Completed projects will be uploaded onto the website.
– Voting will commence once the online polls are set up.
– Announcement of the start of the voting phase will be announced on Flickr and in-world groups.
– Residents will have a certain deadline to vote till (details will be announced).
– Results will be announced with a snapshot of the voting poll results as of the closing date and time.
– Voting polls will NOT be removed so residents can go back to review the results.
5) Prize and award ceremony
– Prize for the winning photographer will be 1) 20,000L, 2) Exclusive interview in Style Kingdom Magazine, 3) Free photography studio ad for next three vols in Style Kingdom Magazine.
– Award ceremony and party details such as the landmark/venue/date/time will be announced later.