As mentioned in the previous post, there will be some changes to this year’s competition.
– A (trans/copy) notecard will be sent to all photographers who are active in uploading their work on Flickr regarding details of the competition months in advanced. Fans/friends may get this notecard from Rogue Falconer.
– A voting box will be set up for you to nominate the name of the photographer you wish to nominate.
– Voting WILL be limited to one vote per resident.
– Photographers may nominate themselves.
– A minimum of 5 nominations for the photographer to get to the next round.
– Staff of the Photographer of the Year Award are not permitted to nominate or vote.
– Duration of nomination is from 1st August to 31st October.
2) Competition project
– After announcing the photographers who qualify, they will be given 28 days to complete a photo project with the given theme.
– The model (if any) needs to be the photographers themselves. Entries will be disqualified if another person other than themselves if used.
– Photographers who fail to submit their completed project by the deadline will be considered as disqualified.
– Completed projects will be uploaded onto the website in alphabetical order, according to the photographer’s name.
– Voting will commence once the online polls are set up.
– Announcement of the start of the voting phase will be announced on Flickr and in-world groups.
– In addition, a (trans/copy) notecard will be given to the photographers to inform them that voting has commenced and the photographer is allowed to share the notecard with his/her friends to request them to vote in a non-harassing order.
– Residents who feel harassed by any particular photographer may report the issue to our staff with proof of harassment (offline IMs/notecard drop etc…) and a penalty will be given if we find the proof substantial.
– Residents will have a deadline to vote till (details will be announced at that time).
– Results will be announced with a snapshot of the voting poll results as of the closing date.
– Voting polls will NOT be removed so residents can go back to review the results.
5) Prize and award ceremony
– Prize for the winning photographer will be 1) Exclusive interview in Style Kingdom Magazine or Men of the Year Magazine, 2) Free photography studio ad for the next vol in Style Kingdom Magazine or Men of the Year Magazine and 3) An invitation to work for either Style Kingdom Magazine or Men of the Year Magazine. – An exclusively made mesh Photographer of the Year trophy.
– Award ceremony details such as the landmark/venue/date/time will be announced later.